Direction Before Speed
I am not sure if you know, but the compass was invented before the clock. Perhaps there is wisdom in that. Because knowing where you are going matters more than how quickly you can get there.
Yet much of life teaches us the opposite. Hurry. Produce. Accomplish. Compete. Keep moving. Do more in less time.
And so we rush. From one task to another. One accomplishment to the next. Days become months. Months become years. We pursue success, recognition, security, possessions, and experiences, often without stopping to ask:
Where am I actually going?
Speed means little when we have lost our direction. And any road can take you there.
We can climb quickly only to discover the ladder was leaning against the wrong wall. We can achieve everything we were told would make us successful and still wonder why something within feels unfulfilled.
There is nothing wrong with achievement. Build. Create. Learn. Succeed. Experience this extraordinary world.
But do not become so busy building a life that you forget to ask whether it is truly yours.
Sometimes our constant movement keeps us from confronting the questions that can only be heard in stillness.
Who is the person I have become?
What has shaped the way I think, feel, choose, and react?
How much of what I call “myself” was consciously chosen?
And perhaps most importantly: Am I moving toward who I truly want to be?
Life must also have meaning.
So, stop occasionally. Put down the clock. Pick up the compass. Look at where you are going, but also at who is doing the traveling.
Perhaps the most important journey of your life is not toward something more, but toward a deeper understanding of yourself. Do not be afraid to slow down. Do not be afraid to change direction. There is little value in arriving quickly if you arrive somewhere you never truly wanted to go.
Find your direction first. Then let your life follow.
---------------------
Liking this post is a simple act of reciprocity. I share the knowledge; you share the support. ❤️ Tap the heart or leave a comment. If you like this article, please subscribe and/or share it with others through your social media. Your help spreading these messages is greatly appreciated.
Author: Maurice "Mao" Correa
Website: pathtoone.com
Blog for Articles: pathtooneblog.blogspot.com

Comments
Post a Comment