Peace as Foundation

 Subscribe Free 

Most of us spend our lives reaching for something. Success. Health. Love. Happiness. Recognition. A relationship. A home. A dream we have carried for years. There is nothing wrong with wanting these things. They give direction to our lives and often inspire us to grow.

But beneath them lies something deeper.

We want to feel well within ourselves. We want joy, love, meaning, and happiness. And perhaps beneath them all, we want peace. Yet we often search for all of these where we have been taught to search for almost everything: outside ourselves.

When I achieve this, I will relax.
When I have enough, I will feel secure.
When this problem is gone, I will finally be at peace.

And so we spend our lives rearranging the world around us, hoping that eventually everything will fall into place within us. But life does not remain arranged. Circumstances change. Success rises and falls. Possessions come and go. Relationships evolve. The body ages.

Peace, joy, love, and happiness cannot depend on life always going our way. They are not rewards waiting for us when everything finally becomes perfect. Peace is the foundation from which they can take root and grow, even in the midst of an imperfect life.

We can be successful and restless. Wealthy and empty. Admired and unhappy. We can acquire everything we once believed would complete us and still feel that something essential is missing. Because we have been building the house while neglecting the foundation.

When peace takes root within us, everything changes.

Joy no longer requires constant excitement. Love becomes less dependent on possession. Success no longer determines our worth. Difficulties still come, but they no longer have to carry us away.

From that foundation, we can still dream. Build. Create. Achieve. Love. Explore. But we no longer ask those things to make us whole.

So perhaps the most important question is not, What do I want from life? It is: From what place within myself am I living it?

Build your dreams. Reach for the stars. Experience everything this extraordinary life has to offer. But do not spend your life building a beautiful house upon a restless foundation.

Find peace within. Build from there. Love from there. Live from there. And perhaps you will discover that what you spent a lifetime searching for was never waiting somewhere ahead of you.

It was waiting quietly within you.

---------------------

Liking this post is a simple act of reciprocity. I share the knowledge; you share the support. ❤️ Tap the heart or leave a comment. If you like this article, please subscribe and/or share it with others through your social media. Your help spreading these messages is greatly appreciated.

 Subscribe Free 

Author: Maurice "Mao" Correa
Website: pathtoone.com
Blog for Articles: pathtooneblog.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEXT STEP (PART 1 OF 3) (Conference 2023)

The Garden of Your Mind